Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Twin A- Tinker Belle to the rescue..

     I often wonder if my twins have some sort of special connection.  It seems some times that they have a very special bond, but at other times they seem to feel the other twin a nuisance.  It worries me more than it should, but I gained a little perspective the other night.  Tank suffers from pretty bad allergies, and had been having some trouble with them a few weeks ago.  We were treating him as the doctors had directed, but it didn't seem to help much.  He was grumpy at bedtime, but he went to sleep pretty easily.
     We separated the twins a while back in hopes that they would no longer wake each other in the night and maybe start sleeping a little better.  It sort of worked.  Therefore, the girls are in a room together, and Tank is on his own.
     At about 5 am, Tinker Belle began going absolutely crazy.  She was screaming in a way that was very different and very alarming.  I jumped up from the bed, and said something to Dean to wake him up.  As I entered the hallway, I heard Tank struggling to breathe, so I darted off to the side as Dean continued into the girls' room.  I picked him up, and began the routine for treating nighttime croup.  Steamy shower, walk outside, head over boiling pot, breathing treatment, repeat.  It sounds crazy, but it works.  He learned to be pros at it with Princess.  Not five minutes into the routine, Dean comes and begins helping me.  I asked him what had been wrong with Tinker Belle.  He said nothing.  When he went in her room, she was crying, but when I went down the hall with Tank, she stopped.  He gave her sippy cup to her and came to help me.
     I could have cried.  I realized that she could hear her brother and knew something was wrong.  When help didn't arrive, she called out for it because he couldn't.  As I'm writing, tears are streaming down my face at this amazing little show of heroism.  I went back in to the girls' room while Dean walked Tank around outside, and looked in on her, sucking away at her little cup with her eyes wide open.  I know it sounds crazy, but she looked worried.  I rubbed her little peach fuzz head and assured her that Bubby was just fine.  She was quiet when I left the room, but she didn't sleep much more that night.
     I guess this proves to me that my babies do in fact have a strong bond, and even though they may fight over every single toy in the house, they love each other deeply. Another thing it taught me is that even though she is a tiny little thing, representing the 1th percentile, she can still be a hero, she can still be strong, and she can still look out for others.  She isn't weak, she isn't at a disadvantage (well, maybe when they fist fight), and she isn't too little to help.  She is "fearfully and wonderfully made" for a special and important purpose.
     I started thinking about this as a spiritual lesson.  Tinker knew her brother needed help, so she cried out for help for him when he couldn't.  She interceded so to speak.  How often do we see a brother or sister in Christ who is in need of help and either can't/or won't call out for help?  How often to we cry out to our Father for them?  The thought breaks my heart.  My prayer for us today, is that we will recognize when others around us are in need of help, and we will be willing to cry out in the darkness of the night for help to come to them, even if they are too weak, stubborn, or lost to cry out on their own.
     Ever since she was tiny, Dean and I would hold Tinker up like she was flying and say, "Tinker Bellllllllle, to the rescue!"  She always loved it, and she would smile ear to ear when we did it.  I guess now she has earned her little hero award.

5 comments:

  1. I know from experience The bond that twins have. It is amazing I truely feel like me and misty share the same heart. Once when we were kids I stayed with my aunt and misty stayed home with our mom…suddenly I felt the most terrifying pain I have ever felt it felt as if someone was beating me in the face with a hammer not 2 minutes later my mom called my aunt telling her that misty had been in a bad bad bicycle accident and it messed her face and teeth up to hurry and meet her at the hospital I realized then that I could feel her pain and she felt mine when I was in labor with my son keaston, the nurses had to put cool rags on her and lay her down lol just wanted to share, it truely is amazing how close they will always be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! How wonderful to have such special babies. Both are a blessing :) She is tiny, but she seems like she's gonna have her brother's back through everything. Wonderful blog Holly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite blog thus far! Love, love, love how God used her that early morning - so precious, Holly.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my babies! She is the little hero just like "Little David" against Goliath!

    ReplyDelete