Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Who am I anyway?

I am a wife, mother of three (one toddler and an infant set of twins), and a high school English teacher.  If you had asked me ten years ago (when I was 18) if I could see myself in my current situation (specifically a mother of three), I would have laughed foolishly and guaranteed you that there was no way I would ever have three children.  My ultimate plan was to MAYBE have one child (since I’m the kind of person who would have always felt left out if I had none at all), and at the very most two children.  If you had asked me at the age of 21 (when I got married) the same question, I would have laughed even harder.  It was difficult enough to take care of myself and be a new wife.  Plus, my husband wasn’t really all that fond of the idea of having children.  He liked kids once they became toddlers...if they were well behaved...And didn’t talk much…or ever cry.  I didn’t even have any children in my wedding for fear they’d ruin it in some way.  (I know, I know.)  Therefore, I would never have dreamt of one day hoping to encourage other mothers through the struggles of motherhood, but here I am, typing up an introduction that I hope I have the courage to post these paragraphs I'm typing…

No comments:

Post a Comment